The Club is housed in an ancient warehouse dating back to when Parrog was a busy port. Five storehouses, of which this is the survivor, were built on this site between 1758 and 1825. The current Club House building was purchased jointly by a group of Founder Members in 1976, and it has been sympathetically developed and improved over recent years.

The Club has an inclusive, friendly style, a modest subscription and is equally welcoming to local and holidaying members. We are delighted to receive visiting members of other sailing and boating clubs. We also offer food on selected afternoons/evenings during the summer holiday period.

40th Anniversary Timeline

2016 marked the 40th Anniversary of Newport Boat Club/Clwb Cychod Trefdraeth. As part of the celebrations, one of our Committee members, Ray Jones researched the history of the Club building and put together a Timeline. Click on the link to see the Timeline: